Wednesday 11 April 2012

Release 0.3: Packaging Raspberry PI Kernel utility

Working on testing my package these last few days and finally am releasing version 0.3 of the package. From the previous release there were errors I needed to fix and with this release have fixed most or if not all. I have tested the RPM and SRPM with rpmlint, also with mock and put it through koji. Finally moments ago have just tried installing the package on the Raspberry Pi through ssh.

Also I have added patches for each of the source files in the spec file. I am still trying to understand the need and use for this for the tool that i've packaged but have included them any ways. I did this by first by backing up the original file and then using the diff command.

diff -u tools/imagetool-uncompressed.py.orig > ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/raspi-tools-0.2.imagetool.patch

The following are the outputs of commands I ran to test my package:

rpmlint ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch/raspi-tools-0.2-7.fc16.noarch.rpm
mock -r fedora-16-x86_64 ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/raspi-tools-0.2-7.fc16.src.rpm
koji build f17 --scratch ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/raspi-tools-0.2-7.fc16.src.rpm

After testing the package I ssh into a Raspberry Pi and secured copy over my package where I installed it with the command  rpm -Uvh raspi-tools-0.2-7.fc16.noarch.rpm. This is a screen capture to show the install, the files installed and querying the rpm.

To download my package, source or spec file you can get them from these links below

Download RPM Package
Download Source RPM
View SPEC File

No comments:

Post a Comment